Friday, August 29, 2014

Rainy Day Reads: Mindy Kaling


I have always loved to read, as I have gotten older it has been harder to find time to sit down and enjoy a good book.  This summer, I was able to get through several books on my list – thanks to several rainy days at the beach.  One of them was Mindy Kaling’s memoir, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) a collection of essays, anecdotes, and stand up bits that was hilarious and a really great read. And now I just really want to hang out with her.  She is someone that everyone can relate to, detailing everything from body image, to her awkward encounters with people, and especially her work adventures, every story provides some kind of link into her readers personal lives.  It is always so refreshing when you realize someone famous is like you and, wait for it…. normal *gasp* Her ups and downs prove that success does not come over night and it is refreshing to read about someone who worked hard to succeed, without sacrificing who she is in the process. Mindy had me laughing out loud and calling my friends in to the room with a, “Hey! Listen to this…” After thoroughly enjoying this book, I can’t wait for her new book, entitled Why Not Me? to debut out in the coming year.  Basically, Mindy is great, and if you’re looking for a fun, happy, and hilarious read then this is the book for you!

Caro 

No comments:

Post a Comment