Thursday, August 7, 2014

Dream Jobs


Throughout my life I have dreamed of many different careers.  The most obvious dream being acting, the dream I am currently pursuing (and loving every minute of it.)  Performing has always been something I love more than anything and after years of daydreaming, acting is always my go to.  Here is a list of paths I have thought about going down – and reasons they will never happen.

{Plot Twist – I was the Bitty Baby prototype}

Olympic Gymnast
This one will always be my top choice.  I like to think that this is my mother’s fault for not forcing me to go to gymnastics lessons and thus stunting my growth as a child (5’5” isn’t exactly gold medal height) but it was probably on me.  Though I didn’t have much interest as a child, every time I watch the summer Olympics I dream about being an elite gymnast, they make it look so easy.  This career is not possible because 1) I have no skills, I am not flexible, and I am mentally unable to make my body do tricks and 2) I have aged out… Don’t worry though, I am still working on my cartwheel, I have yet to master it, but I will keep you posted.

Marine Biologist
This was a childhood dream that was slightly misinformed because I thought marine biologists got to swim with Dolphins all day and I really wanted to be a mermaid so I figured this would be the closest I would get to that life path.  This dream was shattered when I found out “biologist” meant there was math and science involved.  I got to take a Marine Science course in high school and I did enjoy it, though we didn’t get to the exciting stuff until the end of the year.  Most of our time was spent studying microorganisms and learning about things that could kill you.  This is why I don’t go in the ocean often, and why I will NEVER swim in the ocean around Australia. 

{Befriending fish with my Dad... look closely}

Olympic Figure Skater
Another Olympic path I have missed because of my mother’s desire for me to have a “normal childhood.” Well that and I am very uncoordinated. I step onto the ice and resemble Bambi, but not in a cute baby fawn, endearing way (or should I say endeering ha, get it? Sorry….) Let’s just say, even if my mother had forced me to go to the rink every morning at 5am to train, we still wouldn’t be on the road to gold.

Olympic Equestrian
Are you sensing a theme here? Basically any Olympic sport where you get to wear a cute outfit, count me in.  Plus I love to ride horses; it makes me feel like a Disney princess. 

Super Model
I would love to be a model, you get to travel and you get to wear pretty clothes.  Models have an air about them that says, “Don’t mess with me” you can spot them immediately walking down Manhattan streets, or sitting in restaurants watching other people eat.  This would have never worked out because I love food and I’m not tall. 

{Look at that sass.  Tell me I couldn't rule the runway}

International Spy
I was obsessed with Agent Cody Banks as a child and decided that my backup plan was to be a secret agent.  Then Get Smart came along and I could totally see myself as Anne Hathaway’s character.  If I couldn’t make it as an actor obviously the CIA would want to put my skills to use.  This job is perfect, plus there is a chance you get partnered up with a super hot guy-spy who could be your secret agent partner, and help you save the world, then kiss you as the sun sets after a long day of butt-kicking…. OK so maybe I would rather play a spy in a movie, in my defense, I can be stealthy when I want to be.  And I already own a lot of black clothes so I'm an economic choice too, since I would bring my own wardrobe.

♥ Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment