Sunday, August 24, 2014

Move In Day


Today I am moving into my new dorm room! I am so excited to be back in New York City and can’t wait for sophomore year to begin! This year I am living in an apartment style dorm and I am happy to have a kitchen (though I’m not sure how much cooking I will be doing…) One year ago on this day I was full of anxiety and I was so nervous about college.  I didn’t know what to expect and it was scary to be so far away from home and out of my comfort zone.  In the end, I was able to survive homesickness, a bad roommate, a mouse-infested room, and several polar vortexes! After my first year I feel more than prepared to take on whatever is thrown my way, and this time around, I have an amazing group of friends behind me, and more friends to make when sorority recruitment begins! College is more fun when you have people to share it with. When I started at school last year, I did not know a single person; moving back into the dorm is a piece of cake when you have friends throughout the building - and in your room! Although it can be tough at times to be so far away from home, my family and friends are just a phone call away.  I can’t wait to see what excitement this year will bring (and I am on a higher floor so fingers crossed the mice won’t find me) I know that sophomore year will be fantastic – gone are the anxious nerves, one year later the only thing I am filled with is joy.

{My dad, mom, and brother helping with move in last year}

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment