Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Shrug Off The Stress

I will admit I am very easily stressed out.  I blame my “people pleasing personality” – I always take on more than I should, then I have moments of panic when I think things won’t get done in time (of course, they always do.) I compiled a list of some of the best ways I have found to decompress and shrug off the stress after a long, hard day.  With midterms approaching, or maybe already here for some of you, I couldn’t think of a better time to share!

{This week I am especially missing relaxing nights like these at the lake!}

WATCH
Whether it’s a short YouTube clip to give your brain a little break, or an hour long show that you work into your schedule, I always find that watching something can help take my mind off of the source of stress at hand. 

MOVE
Stop sitting in the same place! Go for a walk outside, hit the gym, do a little yoga, or dance it out! As we all well know, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy…” (You can finish the rest, thank you Elle Woods!) Moving around and letting your mind focus on your body for a while is a great way to shake off that excess stress and mentally prepare for continuing to do your best!

READ
I love to read - magazines, books, blogs - you name it! I try to have a book on hand to read when time permits, but it’s hard with the reading I have already for school.  A magazine is great because it’s shorter and easy to flip through.  This will help take your mind off of things for a bit – plus you can fantasize about those gorgeous new shoes that came out this season!

CHAT
Cliché, I know, but I always call my mom when I’m stressed. Mostly because I know I can freak out to her and she won’t be annoyed.  It’s also nice to hear a familiar voice when you’re drowning in work.  Taking the time to talk to family or friends you haven’t spoken to in a while will provide a nice distraction.

CLEAN
I’ll admit this one is weird but I always find that cleaning helps me de-stress. I can’t focus if my apartment is a wreck (and during a stressful week, it typically is!) Taking the time to clean up, fold clothes, put dishes away, etc. can help clear your mind. Plus you can see the results right away; this is encouraging – especially when you’re stuck writing a paper or trying to move on to the next math problem.


Think of any tips I missed? Let me know in the comments your favorite ways to de-stress!  

Caro

2 comments:

  1. i stress far too easily too! this is a lovely post! thanks for sharing :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/cosmo-blog-awards-part-1-outfit.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it!!! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete