Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Rainy Day Reads: Jodi Picoult


I've always loved Jodi Picoult books, especially the most recent one I read entitled The Storyteller.  I started reading her books per my mother’s recommendation.  I have been in love with reading since I was younger and it was always a struggle for her to find books I hadn’t already read.  I started with My Sister’s Keeper (the book is SO much better than the movie) then I went on to read everything she published. She is an author I have continued to read over the years, as I have grown up and years later I still thoroughly enjoy her stories.  I love her writing because she knows how to keep you guessing.  Every book has some sort of twist ending that catches you by surprise. I also love that she deals with intense and poignant topics, relevant today. 

The Storyteller is about a shy baker, Sage, who befriends an old man, Josef, through a grief counseling group she attends after her mothers death.  When Josef unveils a dark secret, Sage must decide the right path to take and the mystery begins to unfold.  A moral dilemma, historical fiction, and many exciting twists and turns, this book kept me on the edge of my seat.  I loved reading it – it was one of those books I couldn’t put down and I could not wait to recommend it to you! Happy reading! 

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment