Thursday, September 11, 2014

inVESTed

I fell in love with vests when I got a J Crew Excursion Vest a few years ago.  They are one of my favorite articles of clothing – perfect for cool fall weather with a button down, or under a coat when it gets colder.  I love the look and I find them so convenient and easy to move in.  Over the years I have collected several vests and each year, as it gets closer to fall, I get so excited to wear them!


Herringbone – I got this one in the store a few years ago on a whim.  Earlier this month I saw it was online on the factory website! This one is by far my favorite and I wear it all the time.  It’s on backorder now, but at this price I would get it - you will wear it SO much it’s worth the wait! (Plus in my experience they often come sooner than they predict!) Definitely a timeless piece you can wear for years to come.


I mostly love the excursion vest because it is thin enough to be comfortable and still functional.  I got the caramel one last year (it was back ordered until January but came in time for Christmas!) and I love it because it is neutral. 


I love pairing the red vest with this dark green and red plaid flannel I have from J Crew. 


The purple one looks great with this blue and purple plaid flannel, also from J Crew. 

Some other favorites include…


Fur Vest – I looked for a fur vest for about 4 years.  They were always too furry, too long, too short.  I couldn’t seem to find one that I loved.  Last month I found this one in Zara and was OBSESSED.  It’s the perfect length and color and will go well with anything.  It has nice grey undertones to the fur that I love.  I cannot wait to wear it! 


Patagonia Vest – I  got this vest for Christmas and love it because it is casual and comfortable.  It’s perfect with leggings and a t-shirt and super cozy. This exact one isn't available anymore but you can get a similar one here 

Caro

P.S. Want to see how I like to style these vests? Let me know in the comments :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment