Monday, September 1, 2014

Brooklyn Flea Market


Last weekend when my family was in town we went to the Brooklyn Flea Market.  I had so much fun exploring the different booths and checking out the fun vintage clothing and antique furniture.  There are several different Brooklyn Flea Markets, some only sell food and others are geared more towards goods.  We went to the Fort Greene location, which had the best of both worlds - fun shops selling items and several local restaurants serving food.  This location was a quick and easy walk from the Barclays Center; the commute was about 30 minutes total and totally worth the trip.  My mom and Aunt Karen went with me and we met my Aunt Beth and cousin Liz there. Liz lives in the city as well and had was familiar with the Flea Market.  Some of the items are a bit pricey (you’re in Brooklyn buying vintage, what do you expect?) But even if you don’t want to buy anything it’s still fun to look around and grab a bite to eat.  

 {The market is filled with vintage trinkets like these}

 {Anyone need a Leopard coat?}


 {Karen, Beth, and my mom checking out vintage prints}



In the end I bought a great, distressed metal arrow and a beautiful necklace from one of the many local shops holding a booth.  It was the perfect way to spend a beautiful Saturday in New York, such a fun weekend activity - I would highly recommend it!

{Being a Pi Phi, I can't resist an arrow}

{In love with this handmade necklace}

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment