Thursday, April 16, 2015

Lilly For Target Pop-Up Shop


I have been looking forward to the Lilly for Target collection since it was announced. As a big fan of both brands, I was thrilled to hear about this collaboration. I know it was met with some criticism but I think it is a great idea for Lilly to release a line of super affordable clothing, accessories, and home wares.  The exclusive Target prints are so pretty and, as a college student, I am totally in favor of $24 bathing suits and $38 shift dresses! 


I had the opportunity to stop by the Lilly for Target Pop-Up Shop in Bryant Park today after class. Unfortunately, a 9 am class meant I couldn't get there until 1:00 but when I arrived I was in a preppy paradise! They set up the chairs, umbrellas, and hammocks from the collection around the park so people could sit and enjoy the beautiful (warm!) weather today.  A juice stand was providing samples, and the fountain water was pink! There were models throughout the park wearing the collection and Lilly print designers were stationed throughout as well painting various prints. 


I only had to wait in line to get into the store for about 30 minutes, once inside, there were about 5 racks of clothing and several shelving units holding the homewares and bright beach towels. Since it had been open since 8 am, the clothing was very picked over. They had a lot of plus sized clothing left and several racks of children's clothes.  They had sold out of several items so I wasn't able to see every piece that will be offered, but from what I saw the quality seems great.  My one concern with the line was that the clothing would feel cheap, but the shift dresses, jumpsuits, and shorts I saw were all well made and a comfortable fabric.  The nail polish and lipstick colors are vibrant and great for summer, and the phone cases come in several cute patterns for $15, they are much thinner than the ones they sell at the Lilly store, and not as protective. I only bought one item and decided to hold off on buying more until Sunday when there are more options available.  I went ahead and got the set of 3 votive candles I had my eye on since the look book came out! I am dying for the set of 4 mugs as well but it looks like I'll have to wait until Sunday for those! I am very glad I went today, even if I didn't do much damage ;) it was great to see the collection and experience the pop-up store. 

{Lilly for Target - Glass Votive Candle Holders, Set of 3}


 Caro 

No comments:

Post a Comment