Wednesday, May 20, 2015

MOVING!

Over the weekend I moved out of my dorm and into an apartment!! I am so excited to be staying in the city this summer and living with 3 of my amazing friends. We were able to find an apartment in the city fairly easily and jumped on the opportunity.  We are lucky it's in a great location relative to where we work. There is a good amount of storage and the living room is HUGE which will be perfect for having friends over this summer!! This is my first "big girl" apartment and my first time living outside of the dorms in NYC.  This past weekend and the last few days have been insane - I had no idea how much stuff I had.  Moving was hard work and we didn't even have furniture yet! The last time my family moved I was very young so I didn't remember how much went into moving into a new place.  Since coming to college I have had many "adult" moments but moving definitely tops the list. Being so far from home, I did everything myself. This was both empowering and stressful.  In the end, I am glad I was forced to figure things out for myself because the next time I move I will know exactly what needs to be done.  

I am writing this as the cable guy installs my tv and internet [#adulthood] I was so used to wifi I didn't realize how crippling it is to be without it!  The apartment is definitely a work in progress, everything is here but everything is also EVERYWHERE. Boxes and trash bags full of clothes and shoes are taking over the entire apartment and we are all anxious to have the furniture arrive so we can start organizing.  It's a work in progress but I am really excited to see everything come together! I was lucky enough to find some great deals on furniture online and at thrift stores in the area.    I can't wait for things to be in place, I will be writing a post about how we decorate once we can get everything put away! Thanks for being patient throughout this semester, it has been a roller coster and I am excited to have some free time this summer to write posts more frequently and continue to improve Handbags & Heartbeats! :) 

 Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment